Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dragon Age II: Rise to Power Trailer


Lookin' good Hawke.

Sadly, this trailer doesn't contain that much added info since the Destiny trailer and the stuff already posted on BioWare. But still, the game seems to be turning out nicely - and we get to hear more VO work. Wish they showed us female!Hawke and her love interests though (and more of the badass looking Cassandra). Let's see female!Hawke macking her love interest next time. (Question: Is male!Hawke's love interest Isabela the same from DA:O? They look quite different... but back-stories seem to line up.)

Still, really looking forward to Mach 2011 :D Right now, I need more information to sate my DA hunger.

4 comments:

  1. Between the advertising style and the leaked combat footage which is alarmingly reminiscent of Final Fantasy, I’ve been dreading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I'm trying not to dread it, haha. I really loved DA:O, so it's hard not to compare DA:II against it. Right now, I'm mostly concerned about the convo wheel as I really liked the format in DA:O. Oh, and the relationship stories lines - I hope that the major love interests won't be so linar as BioWare makes it seem in the trailers.

    Personally, I trust BioWare for the combat, having liked it in DA:O and Mass Effect. If they screw it up beyond repair I will be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The convo wheel is a necessary addition because the main character now has a voice, if he/she just repeats a line word for word then players will start getting impatient. The question is, do we want them to have a voice in the first place?

    DA:O was awesome indeed. Dwarf power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no. I understand the addition of the convo wheel - I am fine with it in Mass Effect - it was more just me liking the DA:O format. :)

    I liked the VO work In ME, but yeah, it seems a little out of place in DA as Origins was all about customizing and making a character that fits your perception of him/her.

    Dwarf and elf power indeed!

    ReplyDelete