Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Tweeting Life

I have officially become a twitterer.

I have always been hesitant to join Twitter. I was one of those people who thought that the only people who ventured on Twitter where stalkerish fans and people who liked to post about their lunch selections.

I was wrong. Naturally.

Sure, there are some people who take celebrity fannishness to a new level, and some people only like to tweet about pudding vs. jello for lunch. But using twitter is actually pretty cool.

I have joined the ranks of the twitterers who follow celebs, laughing with Stephen Fry (@stephenfry), catching up with sarcasm with Misha Collins (@mishacollins), and learning about girl geekisms with Felicia Day (@feliciaday).

I have yet to see anyone brag about the crème brulée they ate after supper, but I'm sure if I looked hard enough, they would pop up and then share their fantastic recipe with me.

My name is Kalaya and I am a Twitter convert. I enjoy tweeting and reading friend’s tweets. The 140 word limit is hard to get used to, but I'm learning to control my ongoing sentences (not applicable to this blog).

Twitter is a good social media device. You can use Twitter to create your own personal brand, as we are learning in PR class. With this blog and a Twitter account, I am making sure that people can hear my voice. You can also share your fannishness with others, tell people about charities they should join, or use it to spread awareness about what ever campaign moves or outrages you. It connects you with people or media outlets that you could have never connected with before, breaching the fourth wall.

Sharing has never been easier.

Thanks CreCom for getting me to join. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment