Friday, April 1, 2011

Nintendo 3DS



The Nintendo 3DS came out Sunday in America, bought by thousands of people who couldn't wait to get their hands on the 3D gaming system. Unfortunately, I was not apart of that vague statistic.

Besides living on a student budget, the 3DS game launch hasn't released anything that I have to buy immediately. Not even knowing about future releases like Zelda: Ocarina of Time can make me purchase the 3DS in a impassioned Nintendo frenzy (I still own it on the N64). But hearing about later releases such as Harvest Moon, the Phoenix and Layton crossover, Paper Mario, and the Shin Megami Tensei games, I question if the previous sentence was just said out of bitterness and jealously.

I think I might wait for the next incarnation of the 3DS to come out (like I did for the DS). Nintendo tends to launch their systems with a small handful of games I'd like to play, but as its catalog grows bigger and its selection better, my need to buy their system grows with it.

2 comments:

  1. what a vague statistic. Ha ha! So it's every old game being re-released...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to be as vague as possible. It gets me out of tricky situations, hahaha.

    A lot of the old games are being re-released. Or revamped in someway. Nintendo is the ultimate re-user, re-releaser, and re-maker.

    "If it's not broke, squeeze all the money you can out of the game franchise until it ultimately grows stale, then wait until the next generation of kids and restart the whole process of greed again," is Nintendo's favourite code.

    ReplyDelete