Friday, February 4, 2011

My Star Trek Mug

Last summer I went to a Jerome, Arizona and bought one of the most awesome and badass mugs I have ever had the pleasure of looking at.

It's a Star Trek mug that radiates amazing as Kirk and Spock stare off into the distance, the two wearing their serious captain and fascinating faces. On the back (or front depending on how you look at your mug), the Starship Enterprise hits warp speed. The Enterprise obviously going on a journey to a treacherous planet that Kirk and Spock will visit – alone. And like all good fanfics, this is where pon farr hits Spock as fast as a drunkenly acquired STD, Kirk being the only person available to cure the logic debilitating psychophysical condition.

But that’s enough of exposing my hidden fantasies to the world. Let's get on to the pics.

Try not feeling the stir of exhilaration when you look into their sensual gazes.
You can't.
 
You want to watch Star Trek now. I can sense it.

I found this exquisite mug at a movie theater/novelty store hybrid shop. A place that can only exist in a town like Jerome.

Jerome isn't a big town, but it contains some of the most interesting artwork and ideas that I have ever seen. It is a hotbed for art, jewellery, and crazy-wicked stores, making the town very tourist friendly. In fact most people’s livelihood in Jerome comes from tourism.

One of the neatest and bizarre shops in Jerome is a whore house that was turned into an artish-brothel-sex shop-marilyn monroe-1950s call girl-gift shop. Try finding a place like that in Winnipeg.

I also enjoyed visiting the art galleries. At one, I even purchased a painting of a robot in space.

Jerome is one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure of visiting for a day.

2 comments:

  1. I like almost every Star Trek show except the original. Not even in that really so cheesy and bad that it’s awesome kind of way. Is that blasphemy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLASPHEMOUS! You may never read this blog again. Its cheesy awesomeness and hot men is what makes TOS such an amazing classic.

    That aside, none of my friends watch the original Star Trek or any Star Trek for that matter, so I am used to being alone in my love. *Weeps*

    Sorry for the late reply!

    ReplyDelete